Labels

GUIDING ANGEL

GUIDING ANGEL
Happy New Year!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Well, imagine this. A blog of my very own. Welcome one and all.

What kept me from blogging previously is the feeling I haven't much to say and little time in which to say it. However, after visiting blogs of people who I'm sure are busier than me, I decided it was time to get started, and will not let any concerns about not having much to say get in the way. So often, the most rewarding experiences to come my way have happened after making a leap of faith. So, why not plunge into blogging and see what happens?

Most of the blogs I read are those of other illustrators and designers. What interests me most is seeing them in their environment, reading their thoughts and seeing the things which generate new art. It's inspiring. Blogs may have posts about many different subjects but for artists they are all ingredients waiting to be used in this piece or the next one.

Here's my second art instruction book, Enchanting Elves. which came out last summer. One of the joys of illustrating and writing it was it made me focus in ways I never had before and led to more satisfying results than before. Hopefully, writing this blog will do the same.


6 comments:

  1. Yay, Barbara! Your blog looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so fitting that you're the first to post, Jane. Afterall, it was your blog that inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara this is wonderful. I look forward to reading your posts. :-) This is such a great way to keep in touch with your family, friends, and fans. You'll love blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blogging Barbara. You will soon get the hang of it, and find it becomes a great way to connect with like minded people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, blogs are alien to me... but... I can see that this informal and personable style offers your readers an opportunity to feel like they know you. The more they know, like and trust you the more likely they are to visit your main website, click your links and purchase your product. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To my friend Barabara, the authority of fairy watercolors! I wish you much luck in everything you do!

    ReplyDelete

Tommy & Friend

Tommy & Friend

Butterflies

Butterflies

Daylilies

Daylilies

Phlox

Phlox

Bouquet Fairy

Bouquet Fairy

Woodland Fairy

Woodland Fairy

Rose Fairy

Rose Fairy

Mermaid & Seahorse

Mermaid & Seahorse

Among Friends

Among Friends

Pegasus Fairy

Pegasus Fairy

Noon Fairy

Noon Fairy

Hydrangea Fairy

Hydrangea Fairy

My Studio

My Studio
In Neater Days

Daffodil Hill

Daffodil Hill
This time last year

20+ plus Inches

20+ plus Inches

Valentine Gift 1

Valentine Gift 1

Valentine Gift 2

Valentine Gift 2

Enchanting Elves

Enchanting Elves